Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Man I Am

I was once asked why I do so much for the females in my life. I was asked why I choose to give my undivided attention to the many females who go in and out of my life. Am I scared of commitment, afraid of being hurt. After a long search for the answers to these questions I came to this conclusion:

I am who I am for a reason. I love women for who they are and not for what they offer me. I am man who sees the beauty in the women around him. I find the perfection in the women who see nothing but imperfection within themselves. I am the safety blanket I am man should be to a woman. I strive to make sure the women in my life smile and have happiness, even for a brief moment.

I am not afraid of commitment. I commit myself to the women in my life everyday that I wake up with the mind set that I will not be the man to hurt a women and leave broken. I love every woman that opens themselves up to me to show me the hurting person hiding behind the image of a strong and unhurt woman.

I listen to the stories that haunt the women I have grown to love. They have taught me that love comes in many ways and forms. Love and sex may mingle but they don't have to exist together. I aim to please as a man should. Instead of looking for his nut and his nut alone.

I do for the women in my life because the men around them refuse to. I sacrifice myself to know that I made a woman smile. I made a difference in her life. Although it may have been in passing or over years in time, I know I can say that I helped her through her troubled past. I was there when no one else saw her tears behind the smile. We all have a purpose. Mine is to uplift the women who cross paths with me, to make a women feels she deserves more then what is set before her. I set the highest standards for myself in hopes that females aim for a man better then me.

I am a man hurt by a women scorned. I am a man who carries the stories of the women hurt by the men they loved. I am imperfect.

I do the things I do not to avoid a relationship. I do it to forge new ones with the women who need a man not interested in one thing.

I am the man who is everything his father wasn't and everything is mother wanted me to be.

-Boy Wonder growing up a day at a Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment