Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Strength

I was once asked. "How do you keep your head up & stand so strong in the worst of times"

I have reflected upon this question & found an answer. I keep my head up by looking to the sky & praying for an answer or a sign. I keep my head high to avoid letting people be able to see the sorrow & fear in my eyes. I stand strong by breaking down in secret. Letting the emotions out into a page or into a bucket of tears. I then build myself up & no longer hold onto what has hurt or scared. Instead I place it aside to remind of me of what I must keep away from. I hide
my insecurity under a ever glowing grin. Thinking of a time once upon a time.

Living a life far past my equals I struggle to find the balance.
Reaching for that dream painted by the women who molded me. Looking for the path in which the told me of. The one set down a long & winding way to a city of eternal contentment. A place few find & many search for. I thought I was given the secret to find it. But now
I only see that the stories in which I was told are only a dream to something not there. Instead it is a place of sublime quiet & peace. Full of smiles & hugs. It is not a long & winding road. It is the
place in which I am now. Contentment has been found. People may throw rocks & slander thoughts but my world is resolute. It can't be dissolved. It is a canvas that has been etched into perfection & shall never fade as long as I see it that way.

Head high.chin up. Standing Strong.

The boy wonder signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment